The Highlands at Sugar is nestled deep within the magnificent Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina and is an ideal vacation destination.
Spend 3 days (2 nights) at Highlands at only $59!
This four-season resort, located in scenic Banner Elk, North Carolina, features one- and two-bedroom units with fully-equipped kitchens, wet bars, stone fireplaces, and large Jacuzzis.
Offering easy access to an array of great activities, Highlands at Sugar Mountain are ideally-situated and perfect for the outdoor enthusiast who enjoys activities like Western NC fly fishing, golf & tennis, hiking in Western NC, swimming, canoeing, and NC whitewater rafting. And the world famous Blue Ridge Parkway is only minutes from your front porch.
Visitors may also enjoy fine dining at Banner Elk NC restaurants, great shopping, and the fantastic family-friendly Western North Carolina attractions that make this area such a popular vacation destination. Check out Tweetsie Railroad or Grandfather Mountain – and much much more.
The best of the Banner Elk, NC vacation spots, The Highlands at Sugar is an ideal retreat for families, couples or friends who want to experience the all the North Carolina High Country has to offer. So make your choice today – spring, summer, fall or winter – anytime is the right time for a vacation adventure at The Highlands at Sugar!
- Barbecue: The area of Sugar Mountain provides many great barbecue options! Here are just a few: The Pedalin’ Pig, Carolina Barbeque, and Woodlands Barbeque also offering Mexican cuisine. No matter where you go, you are sure to get finger-lickin’-good barbecue!
- The Painted Fish Café and Beer Bar: Here you will find fun, upscale dishes in a casual atmosphere. They offer food from the land and the sea, and every type of beer to go along with it! If beer is not your thing, they also have red and white wines from boutique wineries.
- The River Dog Coffee House and Café: For breakfast and lunch, everyone recommends The River Dog. Breakfast is served all day and they have lunch specials every day. Their food is all organic and they even have a gluten free bread. And for the hikers, you can call ahead and order their hikers pack which comes with bottled water, a side, a cookie, and a sandwich.
- Each season boasts new activities – Spring time suggests hiking through the blooming wildflowers to Linville Falls, Crabtree Falls, or Elk River Falls; you can also go on a horseback riding or mountain biking tour. Summer brings the water activities – canoeing, whitewater rafting, and tubing; it is also the perfect season for picking apples at The Orchard at Altapass. In the fall, you can drive the Blue Ridge Parkway to see the changing colors of the leaves. And, of course, winter is perfect for skiing, snow tubing, ice skating, sledding, and snowboarding.
- Tweetsie Railroad: This wild west theme park has something for everyone! They have thrill rides and family rides, live shows, trains, shopping, a petting zoo, gem mining, and arcade and fair games. They are not open all year though, so be sure to check out their website to plan your trip!
- Mystery Hill: Three museums in one! Mystery Hill has the Appalachian Heritage Museum, the Native American Artifacts Museum, and the Hall of Mystery. With all of its “magic”, the Hall of Mystery will keep your family laughing for the rest of your vacation.
What to do and surroundings
Mobile: 828 507-6773
NC license number #196118
MVP NC license corporate #C20130
Qualifying broker for MVP in ALL NC locations Joseph Takacs #130827